The IOWA Test of Basic Skills is administered in Grades 3 - 7 on a yearly basis. Holy Trinity School students consistently place in the mid to higher ranks often surpassing their current grade levels and achieving higher than expected grade equivalent scores.
The Holy Trinity School faculty has developed outcomes for each area of study and works diligently to achieve those goals. For example:
- The mission of
the school encourages each student to develop a personal relationship
with God. Students are steeped in the Catholic faith tradition and have
opportunities for prayer and service.
- Prayer services, school Mass on
Holy Day of Obligation, and Mass for individual grades are part of the
- Grades work together in community outreach projects for a variety of diverse charity organizations.
- Students develop the necessary skills to communicate their ideas, both in written
and oral language, using Standard English.
- In addition to proficiency,
students will gain the appreciation and ability to enjoy all forms of
- The program is enhanced by our extensive library.
- Students in grades 5-6 participates in Town-wide Annual Spelling Bee contest, sponsored by Wallingford Community Women. Students in grade 8 participates in the Town-wide Annual Speaking and Essay Contest sponsored by the Wallingford Rotary Club.
||Social Studies / History / Geography:
- Students are taught to recognize and grasp historical trends, unique traditions and
historical eras. The program provides a basis for, and elevates an
appreciation of universal natural law, as credited by our God and our
- Social Studies is taught up to grade 6.
- History and Geography are part of the curriculum in grades 7 and 8.
- The exploration of the
four sciences includes observation, classification, interpretation and
application of the subject matter. These skills are explored through
integration of the study of theory, experimentation and incorporation of
new technological concepts with other subject areas.
- A science coordinator creates weekly hands-on activities for students in grades K to 6.
- The school’s partnership with Talcott Mountain Science Center brings outside resources and technical equipment with which the students in grades 6 to 8 conduct experiments
- Students in grades 6 and 8 participate in the Annual Science Fair during Catholic School Week. Students use the scientific method to plan, implement, and present their science projects.
will have a solid foundation in mathematical concepts and skills as
well as a broad knowledge of problem-solving strategies. Going forward,
students will be able to apply this mathematical knowledge in future
schooling and every day experiences.
Trinity School offers an enrichment course which is designed to
challenge and enrich the mathematically capable student. Students in
grades 5-8 are eligible for this advanced course based upon grade
average, standardized testing scores achieving 85 percentile or above,
and teacher recommendation.
- Students will gain a familiarity with basic vocabulary and grammar structure in order to formulate simple sentences. With this introduction to a second language and the exploration of cultural diversity, students will desire to expand their knowledge of a second language in high school.
- Grades K to 5 meet once a week, and grades 6 to 8 meet four times a week.
| Music & Art:
- Designed to
encourage hands-on creativity, music and art classes expose students to
as many art mediums and artistic genres as possible. Students are
enticed to appreciate the beauty of the art world whether created
professionally or through the talents of classmates.
- There is an extracurricular fine and performing arts program available to our students that includes band (grades 4-8), Mass and concert choirs, a Christ-centered Christmas program, and an art club.
- Holy Trinity School
views technology as an effective and necessary tool, capable of
enhancing both the communication ability, and productive capacity of our
students, staff and parents. Our goal is the complete integration of
technology into the teaching and learning processes at all levels.
- This is enhanced by our new state-of-the-art computer lab, smartboards in each grade, and the incorporation of iPads.
- Activities are
chosen that demonstrate skill building, good sportsmanship and fair play.
Students develop a level of physical fitness according to their
individual abilities and gain an understanding of teamwork, safety,
rules and procedures that they can apply to all aspects of their lives.
- The physical education program is conducted in collaboration with the Wallingford Family YMCA.
- Students also take part in a number of athletic programs, including school- sponsored sports teams, the Rock & Roll Relay, and Jump Rope for Heart.
Holy Trinity School serves children of all faiths and envisions each student as a person blessed with talents from a loving God. The teachers are committed to cultivate these talents in a Christian environment and provide each student with academic knowledge, spiritual formation and social awareness so that each student will be prepared to assume a leadership role in society.