Welcome to HTS Tigers Girls JV Team
- We practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Yalesville. Both sessions start at 6:00 P.M. and end at 7:30 P.M.
- If you are unable to make it to practice, please send an email to Coach Marty.
- Please arrive on time. Bring a 28.5" (if you have one) basketball and your water bottle.
- Our league schedule is posted on www.eteamz.com/gnhpal and will be added below as well.
- We are participating in two tournaments: St Mary's in Branford and St Rita's in Hamden. Those schedules will also be loaded below as we get them.
- We have been invited to play a scrimmage at halftime of the Quinnipiac women’s basketball game on Wednesday. 1/6
- We will spend a lot (nearly all) of our time on basic, fundamental skills like dribbling, proper shooting techniques, and my favorite… sound, smothering, stifling, relentless defense. While that sounds like a lot of work, we will have a lot of fun doing it, and hopefully will a bunch of games in the process.
- Games: Everyone will get playing time in every league game. Some games more, some less. JV plays 4 7-min. quarters. With only 8 girls on the team, everyone will get plenty of playing time.
- Tournaments are ‘varsity rules’. That means we put the best team we can on the floor. Most likely, everyone will still get a chance to play, but there is no guarantee. We play in tournaments as a tune up for the upcoming playoffs, and we try to win. Playoffs are also "varsity rules". The thought behind that is, after spending the whole season developing our skills, the team as a whole deserves the opportunity to win in the playoffs.
COACH: Marty Mansfield - email@example.com - 203-623-7463
Assistant Coach: Rudy Fasano - firstname.lastname@example.org - 203-627-8412