Welcome to Holy Trinity School - 15th Annual Tom Collette Tip-Off Tournament
November 4-6, 2016
Wallingford Park & Rec Department
DIVISIONS: Varsity Girls and Boys Parochial School Teams (grades 7 to 8) will be participating.
The tournament is a great and fun way to kicks off your basketball season getting your teams ready for the upcoming season.
- Finals on Sunday
SPORTSMANSHIP: All coaches are responsible for the conduct of team members during the tournament. Good sportsmanship is our goal.
- We will play four 7 minute quarters stop time.
- Each team will have (3) full and (2) thirty second time outs per game.
- Teams will enter into the Bonus 1 & 1 after (7) team fouls and Double Bonus, (2) free throws, after the 10th team foul.
- Each player is allowed 5 personal fouls per game before disqualification.
- We follow the Archdiocese of Hartford’s rule of no pressing if up by 20 points along with no fast breaking. Teams that are being pressed by the team that is down may break the press and score. If the pressing rule is not adhered to, the first violation is a verbal warning, the second warning is a team technical foul, and the third offense is forfeit of the game.
- There will be a 5 minute intermission at half time. Overtime: There will be a 2 minute overtime period in which (1) extra full time out will be given to each team. The second overtime will be for 1 minute with one extra time out.
TROPHIES: The 1st and 2nd place teams will receive a team trophy. The 1st place team will receive a trophy and individual medals. All Tournament Team of 6 players will be chosen at the conclusion of Sunday’s game. An MVP—Most Valuable Player will be chosen from each division.
GAMES: All games will be played at the Wallingford Park and Recreation Department, Fairfield Boulevard, Wallingford, CT on Courts 1 and 2. Each game will be officiated by 2 board certified officials. Please respect the calls of the officials.
ADMISSION: Admission fee will be charged for each day. Adult: $4.00 and Children: $1.00 . Children in 4th grade and under are free. There is no weekend pass.
CONCESSIONS: A concession stand will be located at the entrance of the facility. Children under 8 years of age will not be allowed to bring drinks in the playing area.
HTS - SPIRIT DAY ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, celebrating the 15th year of our tournament - Free student admission with flyer and pick up a hot dog at our concession stand.
QUESTIONS: Please direct questions to Marty Mansfield at -203-623-7463 - email@example.com
Thank you for your support of Holy Trinity School Athletic Programs